We love our jobs and are proud of the work we do. Join us for a tour of our wonderful facility and see our professional staff in action!
Programs and Tours for Children
Our age-appropriate, on-site humane education programs are approximately one hour and 15 minutes long.
- A 30-minute tour of our state-of-the-art veterinary medical center and shelter at our Macklind Avenue Headquarters,
- A shelter tour winding through our Cat Corner, Critter Corner and Adult Dog Wing,
- Whenever possible, the tour includes a hands-on visit with a cat and a puppy.
- Weekday morning programs for kids in grades 3 and above include observation of surgery via a viewing window in our surgery suite.
Our programs are taught by trained, volunteer teachers who are well-educated about a variety of animal-related topics and are familiar with age-appropriate learning styles.
Since your group will be visiting during business hours, we request that teachers, group leaders and parents be responsible for managing children’s behavior while visiting the Humane Society of Missouri.
Programs and Tours for Adults
We warmly welcome adults who wish to learn about animals and tour our facility.
Humane education program topics for adults include:
- What we do to help animals
- The therapeutic benefits of pets in our lives
- Pet overpopulation and the importance of spaying and neutering
- The adoption process – matching pets with families
- Puppy mills/Pet stores
- The plight of strays
- Dogfighting and its impact on the community
- The life of a chained animal
- Exploring the differences between animal welfare and animal rights
- The differences between open-admission and limited-admission shelters
- Animal abuse/neglect – what you can do to help!
- Issues affecting animals in our community
- Animal rights issues – animals in the entertainment, food, clothing and testing industries
- How to be an advocate for the animals
- Any other topic that interests you
These programs also last approximately one hour and 15 minutes and feature a 30-minute tour of the facility.
$5 per person, minimum $50 per presentation
Ready to Schedule your Trip?
Please contact the education department at the Humane Society of Missouri at (314) 951-1579 or email@example.com to schedule your program. Please allow 4-6 weeks notice to ensure availability of the classroom, resources and a specially trained teacher.
Click for map to 1201 Macklind Avenue in St. Louis.